The thing is, most people will tell you exactly who they are if you’re listening carefully and ask the right questions. Sure, they might lie, but actions always speak louder than words. Enter today’s piece of dating advice where we’re sharing different scenarios that scream hard no on a second date. Aka the things that can go wrong between the first and second date. Which, if you decide to look at the silver lining, just means you saved your energy and set yourself one step closer to finding the right match.
Editor’s note: Although this article uses male pronouns, the advice applies to all sexual orientations and gender identities.
So date one went well—well enough to be considering a second date. But then …
He ghosts you.
He makes a second date and cancels.
He tries to have phone or FaceTime sex immediately.
He wants to skip the dinner and go straight into the bedroom (unless this is your jam).
His idea of a second date is coming over past 10 p.m.
- You realize you aren’t attracted to him.
- They showed up late.
- You don’t share the same values or morals.
- They talk about their ex more than once.
- They’re on their phone.
- They don’t take the time to get to know you.
- They can’t hold a casual conversation.
- They have negative energy and only get excited when bringing others down.
- They lack simple manners.
- You aren’t present (mentally).
- They complain too much (again negative energy).
- Too many cocktails.
- You didn’t leave the date feeling excited.