For many wearing SPF is seen as a necessity that should be applied only in summer, especially while on holidays. SPF should be seen as our ally when it comes to protecting our skin from sun damage.
We have seen so many people staying for hours in the sun getting tanned without keeping a protection for their face like a hat. That idea of getting the “sun-kissed” effect for those Instagram pictures is totally wrong.
SPF should be part of your life 365 days per year, meaning that everyday you should apply it even though outside might be raining, snowing, it’s windy or whatever…
Below we bring you some tips when it comes to applying SPF:
- During the summer holidays you should apply the sunscreen 20 minutes before heading to the beach and being in contact with the sun. This way you allow it to absorb;
- Repeat the process every two hours when you are at the beach;
- Each time you apply SPF do not forget the neck area. It is a very delicate part of our body and it needs protection as well;
- Choose filters with SPF above 30. If you use a product that contains less filters, you won’t be that much protected;
- For a full protection we recommend using SPF on the hands as well. Those who are frequent drivers might understand how their hands become while driving with the sun above the head.
If you are uncertain about the best sunscreen products, we bring you some of our suggestions which are absolutely amazing.
Photos are courtesy of the respective brands