1. THEY MOTIVATE YOU TO GROW.
They support you in your career, but more importantly, they encourage you.
2. YOU DON’T HAVE TO PRETEND TO BE SOMEONE ELSE.
They accept you for your authentic self and they don’t expect you to change.
3. THEY SUPPORT YOU THROUGH EVERYTHING, THE GOOD AND THE BAD.
You can be vulnerable with them about the tough times in your life and they provide support.
4. THEY VALUE THE SAME THINGS AS YOU DO.
You spend your time doing activities that are meaningful to both of you.
5. THEY MAKE YOU SMILE WHEN THEY’RE NOT PRESENT.
Yup, they’ll catch your emotions off-guard even when they’re not in the room.
6. YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS APPROVE OF THEM.
Friends and family always want the best for you, especially the person you spend most of your time with.
7. YOUR LIFE PATHS JUST WORK.
You share similar hopes and dreams.
8. THEY DON’T MAKE YOU FEEL GUILTY FOR YOUR SHORTCOMINGS.
But rather help you through them.
9. THEY COMMUNICATE WITH YOU.
They listen to you and vocalize their needs, wants, and expectations.
10. THEY RESPECT YOUR BOUNDARIES.
They’re open to compromise when they know you’re not up for something, or they just let it go.