I was just back from a wonderful vacation in Mexico and if you ever decide to visit Mexico and its marvelous beaches, I would like to offer some useful suggestions regarding places to go and haciendas to visit.
I have always been fond of Mexico. Maybe because of their soap operas we watched for a long time, maybe because I love dances like Salsa or bachata, but also because I am a huge fan of Latin and especially Mexican music. Due to my desire to understand every word of the Spanish songs I listened all day long, I had to learn the language at an early age.
I think I had waited enough to visit that country, but then, the right moment came.
I decided to start my journey there visiting the Riviera Maja beaches, which is 30 minutes from Cancun. I stayed at Grand Velas Hotel which I strongly recommend to anyone, because it is on the seaside and it was just wonderful. I also recommend the restaurant “La Passion”. And if you love traditional Mexican food, go to restaurant “Habichuela.
Among the places you should not let go while in Mexico are Grand Velas Hotel and Rosewood Mayacoba, which are close to one another.
– Visit the center of Cancun, where you can also shop at “la Isla”.
– If you can afford it and if you have time, take a ferry to “Isla Mujeres” and “Cozumel” where you will definitely have an unforgettable diving experience.
– Another great opportunity in those areas is the cenote groundwater. You should never miss a swimming there. There are lots of cenotes in the whole area.
– You should not miss the Jungle Safari. The hotel where you are staying can suggest one near you.
– If you are staying in “Playa del Carmen” or in Cancun, don’t miss the opportunity to spend two or three nights in Tulum, where the sea is wonderful and there are lots of bars. They also organize different kind of activities for the youth, like renting a bike or practicing different kind of sports.
If you can organize a transport, you should also visit “Chichen Itza”, the roots of the ancient Maya tribes and their pyramids, three hours ride from Cancun.
On the way there you can make a stop in the beautiful city of Valadolid. Also, an hour ride from the pyramids is Yucatan, with its capital Merida, where there are lots of wonderful haciendas, just like the ones we have watched in movies. I suggest you should spend some nights there. I picked up la hacienda “Temozon” where I had a great time.