Disclaimer: if you have an eating disorder, this might be triggering.
The Slow-Carb Diet basics:
• Follow the diet six days a week, eating very low-carb meals.
• On the seventh day, eat whatever you want.
• Don’t eat any fruit, dairy, “white” carbs, or certain vegetables.
• Eliminating fruits and certain vegetables could lead to an inadequate intake of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and fiber. A decrease in fiber can lead to irregularity and constipation.
• When we are not consuming enough carbohydrates, our bodies are forced to use fat and protein for energy—neither of which is an efficient energy source.
Carbohydrates are essential to a well-rounded, healthy diet. The key is to choose a beneficial type, pay attention to portions, build a plate with color and variety, have quality sources of protein and fats, and be mindful of processed food intake.