During the holiday season we are always busy running from one store to another to find the perfect gift. Besides getting presents for our loved ones, we also try our best to get the perfect outfit for the Christmas Party and for New Year’s Eve dinner. New Year’s Eve dinner is very important. It’s a celebration for the year we leave behind, with its ups and downs, and for the new year we are about to start, which needs more effort and energy from our side.
During New Year’s Eve dinner we become more nostalgic and we somehow fear the new year to come. It is like stepping through to the unknown. But we cannot let fear get into our life. We should start this new year with positivity and hope for a wonderful new year ahead. 2020 is the beginning of a new decade and as we are facing a new period of our life it is better that all of us sit somewhere, whether in a café, in the office, in the metro, bus, airplane, etc and create a New Year’s Resolution.
Such resolution is a way to start a new year with some objectives already put in paper.
To help you start with your own resolution we would like to come handy with some ideas:
1. The list begins with “Think of yourself”. The truth is, when it comes to dealing with things, everyone is on its own, so believe in yourself and dwell more on the things that make you happy. Positivity should be the first thing that comes through your mind when the clock strikes 00:00 on January 1. Try to see the positive side of things and every time you deal with a difficult situation, think about how well you can handle it.
2. Let’s just forget about random words like: get in shape, lose weight, or stop eating too much, because we are so over it. We have only one thing to tell you: go out every day; go jogging or just walk around. The more you think about getting in shape or losing weight, the more stressful it becomes, so we suggest taking a long walk in a beautiful park, listening to music, and breathing fresh air. By doing so, you will remove all the negative energy you have accumulated the entire day.
3. Have more sex. Sex is not a forbidden word or act, so be more comfortable with your sexuality and enjoy every bit of it. It will help you be physically and mentally happy.
4. Surround yourself with people that really matter, people that understand you, support you and are willing to be part of every crazy idea that you might have.
5. Read more. The more you read, the more you will be able to talk about different topics and you will gain lots of knowledge. The Rebel Heart suggests you read at least 20 books during 2019, but your reading should be selective and amusing at the same time.
6. Listen to more music. It’s time you stop downloading games on your phone and create a playlist only for your guilty pleasures. Get every possible song that exists out there, like songs that you’ve been listening since like forever and songs that are a No. 1 hit nowadays.
7. Get over an ex. Oh, yes; it is water under the bridge now. Start dating again and maybe you will find your soulmate.
8. Change your look. Changes come first with your appearance and you can start by getting a new haircut or dying your hair. If you are already satisfied with it, you can change the way you dress. Maybe you should get over all the black outfits you have and start wearing more colors.
9. Spend less time on social media. The more we use social media, the more we lose contact with the real world and the more we keep distance from friends and family. So, it is time you start managing the time you spend on social media and pay more attention to things that really matter.
10. Find a new job. If you hate your job or you are tired of doing the same boring things every day, it is time you find new opportunities or ask for a promotion if that is what you aim for.