If there is one actress that will always be remembered for her transformations in different movies, for sure it is Meryl Streep. Meryl Streep is a true inspiration and an amazing actress who has gained many awards and has a record breaking of 21 Academy Award nominations, which is such a big achievement, considering that there are many well-known and talented actors who still do not have an Oscar, or ever been nominated for one. The actress has won three golden statues so far. She won her first Oscar for Best Actress in a Leading Role in 1980 for her role in Kramer vs. Kramer. She got the second award in 1982 for her role in Sophie’s choice and the third one in 2012 for her outstanding performance as Margaret Thatcher in The Iron Lady.
Throughout her career she has had many particular roles in which she had to transform herself and amaze all of us with her performances. She was the nice woman in French Lieutenant’s Woman in 1969, the sexy wife in Death Becomes Her in 1992, the nice lady in The Hours in 2002, the cold boss in The Devil Wears Prada in 2006, a true politician in The Iron Lady in 2011, the scary witch in Into The Woods in 2014, the funny soprano in Florence Foster Jenkins in 2016 and the talented editor in The Post in 2017.
For her 69th birthday we have rounded up some of her brilliant transformations in movies and the most inspirational quotes said by her.
- I think that you find your own way… In the end, it’s what feels right to you. Not what your mother told you. Not what some actress told you. Not what anybody else told you but the still, small voice.
- The minute you start caring about what other people think, is the minute you stop being yourself.
- True freedom is understanding that we have a choice in who and what we allow to have power over us.
- It’s good to push yourself and do what you don’t necessarily want to do, that if you’re not automatically good at it, you should try it. Trying is so important.
- The great gift of human beings is that we have the power of empathy.
- My advice: don’t waste so much time worrying about your skin or your weight. Develop what you do, what you put your hands on in the world.
- The formula of happiness and success is just being actually yourself, in the most vivid possible way you can.
- Integrate what you believe in every single area of your life. Take your heart to work and ask the most and best of everybody else, too.
- Power, influence, strength — all those things can overpower what’s important in life. But as long as you have food and shelter over your head, if the necessities are taken care of, what makes us happy on top of that is very simple.
- You have to embrace getting older. Life is precious, and when you’ve lost a lot of people, you realize each day is a gift.